Well we’re redoing the kitchen over the summer – feel free to track the progress here. So far we’ve encountered a few issues:
- You’re not really allowed to electrical work yourself anymore* (in kitchens especially) so we were going to get a sparky in to do it which lead to the discovery of the following problem…
- Our fuse box is wired up wrong & is possibly not safe, so some sparkies won’t touch electrics in the house as it is. So we need a new one.
- Ikea have 3 different types of warehouses – Self-service, full-service and then mysterious ones that you can only get stuff delivered from. A shame that all our door fronts & matching accessories have to come from the third type. The stuff coming from the first 2 types arrived today, so we can do a lot of the work already, the rest will arrive in 2 weeks.
- Our plumbing setup was altered by the extension being done (of course) and it took us a good couple of hours, a circular saw, several cut floorboards and 3 lots of carpet pulled up to figure out how it all worked.
Anyway, we do seem to be making progress, so here goes!
* – although we do seem to have found a compromise on this… I think it’s legal :S