No, this isn’t an update on my underwear (har har!), it’s a very short update on life, the universe and some other stuff.
Well, first off CONGRATULATIONS TO GRANT AND BECCA who got engaged just yesterday. I’ve known for a long time that Grant has looked up to me, and it’s great to see him following in my footsteps in this department too. I guess part of it was the final realisation that even if he did have a sex change, I wasn’t going to marry him, so he settled for Becca. No, seriously, am completely chuffed for them both. YAY!
Erm, so, here’s a quick list of stuff:
- Went home for in-laws meeting in-laws, which went very smoothly indeed – we’re both fortunate on the in-laws front
- Went to Manchester and saw Katie & Nik for an evening, which was really nice – always feel so welcome and at home
- Then went to see Laura & Nathan for a day & evening, which is the first time we’ve properly seen them since they got married and the first time we’ve seen them since we got engaged. So that was great. Made me want them to come back to Nottingham even more than before though
- Had a couple of days in Nottingham before Lizzy had to go back to work
- Got involved with Doing The Stuff 2004 organised by my church. Was so good to see loads of social action projects going on across the city, I got to visit lots of them and take photos. The talks in the mornings and evenings were spot on too. Can especially recommend Jay Pathik if you ever come across him.
- Went back to school today 🙁 Kids hyper, wasn’t much fun.
Right, that’ll do, off to bed.