Well, I’ve been back from my interview for a while now… it went pretty well. The format was like this:
- 20 mins of the course co-ordinator talking to us & giving an outline of the course.
- 10 mins of a very basic english test (write a diary entry!)
- 10 mins of individual interview
The individual bit was, predictably, the hardest part of that. Although it still went pretty well. Questions were:
- Why do you want to teach? (not a surprise that one!)
- Have you thought about the financial implications of living off £6,000 for the year (this year has been a taster!)
- If you were teaching GCSE students about computer security, how would you go about it? (quick thinking required!)
- If you were teaching 12-year olds about databases, what are the main things that you need to communicate to them? (more quick thinking)
- As you’ve been thinking about teaching for a while, what have you noticed in the media that stands out (yay, had revised that one!)
So I coped ok. Scary thing is that 250 people apply and only 20 get in – eeek! I’ll be fine I’m sure.